Budun Tuhan Retreat Centre (BTRC) is one of the largest retreat centres in Sabah, and its surrounding areas which are covered by greens and forests, top up with cool air, and peaceful environment make it an almost perfect place for retreats and seminars. And also the distance fromKota Kinabaluto Budun Tuhan is only 85km. The day time temperature is around 25 degrees Celsius and the night time temperature can drop to 18 degrees Celsius. The BTRC is made up of two main buildings in the shape of the letter L. The wooden building which was built in 1970s consists of 3 storeys, while the concrete building consists of 4 storeys was built in the 1990s. The rooms are basic. Facilities include a conference hall with a mini P.A. system, meeting rooms and Kitchenettes. The Retreat Centre can accommodate a maximum capacity of 230 persons and there are as many as 6 types of rooms available. Please note: Priority for reservation will be given for Catholic Retreat purposes and Diocesan events.
The BTRC has a few nice spots to relax and unwind too, these include the small garden, a hut that looks out to Mt. Kinabalu, and a covered open air sitting area.
Types of Accommodation and Rates:
|Type A||1 Double Bed & 1 Double Decker with bathroom attached||6||RM 50|
|Type B||2 Double Decker with Shared bathroom||8||RM 40|
|Type C1||2 Double Decker with common bathroom||8||RM 30|
|Type C2||3 Double Decker with common bathroom||8||RM 40|
|Type D1||2 Double Decker with common bathroom||10||RM 50|
|Type D2||2 Double Decker with common bathroom||13||RM 50|
Kitchen and Catering Facilities:
Kitchen facilities available for you to do your own cooking RM 1 per head
Catering service provided (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & 2 tea-breaks RM 15 per head
- Reservation can be made 3 months in advance and confirmation must be made one month before the actual date of stay.
- A non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total cost of the required accommodation shall be paid upon confirmation.
- Please indicate in your reservation whether you require the following: a) Kitchenette b) Catering Service c) Access to Conference Hall/Meeting Rooms d) Microphones and mini P.A. systems.
For reservation and more details, please contact:
Catholic Diocesan Centre, Lorong Hiburan 3, Taman Hiburan Phase 1,
km 7, Jalan Penampang Lama, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.
Tel: +6088 712 297 / +6088 715 017
Fax: +6088 711 222
The Catholic Budun Tuhan Mission started in 1955. Besides the Budun Tuhan Retreat Centre there is a church, a chapel, a priest’s house, and a convent. Across the road is the Don Bosco Orphanage House which accommodates about 80 children, ages between 5 and 18. The running operation of the Orphanage is managed by the church with donations from the general public. If you want to make any donation to the orphanage you can contact Brother Ben (088-889948).
How to get there? Distance from KK to Budun Tuhan is about 85km and it will take about one and a half hours drive. The road to Budun Tuhan is the same road that leads to Kinabalu Park Headquarters, a good tar road. The junction to Budun Tuhan is about 3 km before the park. From the junction to Budun Tuhan Retreat Centre is another 2 km of good road, all down hill.
The BTRC’s Ten Commandments
- No private cooking is allowed in the rooms at any time.
- Keep voice/noise down for the consideration of other residents especially from 11pm to 6am.
- Ensure water taps, water heaters and lights are off before you leave your room.
- Inform/report to the Reception Office of any breakages.
- Keep the Retreat Centre clean and tidy at all times.
- Please do not stick or paste “Programmes”, “Notices”, etc. on the walls.
- Please do not pick or pluck flowers or plants.
- Upon checking out, please return room keys to the Reception Counter.
- In case of emergency or inquiries, contact the resident caretaker of the Retreat Centre.
- Seek the Lord and live. (Amos 5:6)